The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is responsible for maintaining about 80,000 miles of road and for supporting aviation, maritime, rail and public transportation across the state. TxDOT’s mission is “Connecting You with Texas.”
TxDOT has awarded Pegasus Link Constructors to manage the design, construction and maintenance of the 635 East Project. PLC is comprised of two of the world’s largest design-build firms: Fluor Enterprises Inc. and Balfour Beatty Inc. Their almost 20-year partnership has resulted in various low-cost/high-value design build projects in the last two decades.
PLC’s most notable joint venture projects include:
- The Dallas Horseshoe Project in downtown Dallas
- The Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority’s 183 South Project in Austin
- State Highway 130 Project in Central Texas
- State Highway 161 in North Texas
- The Southern Gateway Project in Dallas’ Oak Cliff neighborhood